Monday, April 20, 2009

At Home on Sunday

I have ran out of idea what to eat out during weekend. Thus, i decided to cook on Sunday afternoon. I brought some ingredients at wet market nearby. At the exit/entrance, someone approached if we want to buy durian. I actually saw the mini van with boot full of durian for sales. I followed the way to the mini van and decided to buy some. The seller offered RM13/kgs. I wanted 2 but they forced to take 3. Ok, 3. Then the seller weighted the durian, it's 6.6kg in total, 3 durian costs RM85.80 and i started to open my wallet and realized that I've only RM76 left in. I wasn't sure how the durian seller feels but I did feel funny where he grabbed all my leftover money without asking me to compensate the rest of amount later...So, I got the deal at RM11.50/kg not a bad deal but still it's expensive for 3 durians and it tasted as Jusco 3 packets for RM20 kind of durian.

Well, we'll have our durian lunch today. However, Hann started to complaint that he is very hungry! The lotus root soup is boiling at the first hour only! It gonna takes another 2 hours to cook. This is the first time I prepared soup for Hann. He is always a soup lover. His comment of my soup is too much red dates. Well, I've nothing to say as I'm satisfied with the first-time soup that I made. It just tasted exactly like what my mum used to feed us. Other than lotus root soup, I prepared egg plant stir fry with dried shrimp and stir fry grated sengkuang (jicama) and carrot. Surprisingly, the eggplant received good comment from Hann :P

It was a good cooking experience and I wish to cook more in future. Gonna steal some recipes from mama when back to hometown. Btw, it was my mama 60th birthday on 19th April.

Wish you healthy and happy always. Love you.



No comments: